Grow Confidence. Increase Insight.
Make Better Choices
Earn PDH credits
Ten Management Skills for Technical Managers
A Webinar Series
Whether your technical expertise is in engineering (like mine), law, finance, technology or science, we technical folks don’t have good reputations as managers. When a technically accomplished person is promoted into management, suddenly the old skills that made us successful are not as relevant.
I’ve seen technically talented managers become perplexed by people issues, stymied by office politics and mystified by seemingly illogical decisions made by “management”. You don’t have to be perplexed, stymied or mystified. Here are the top ten skills I learned the hard way when I became a manager. And now, these skills are the topic of ten interactive webinars complete with a live event, a recording of the webinar, worksheet, and supplemental articles to support your learning. You can eliminate the frustration by learning from my mistakes, so your management competence matches your technical competence.
BONUS: Earn 1 PDH credit for every course completed in the Ten Management Skills for Technical Managers program.
Here’s the complete list of webinars being offered in the management series.
Register for all ten and save big. That’s your best value and, besides, which skill can you do without? Download a complete description of each course here.
- Know Your Staff: Know Their Superpower and How to Use it (Available here!)
- Know Your Style: Do You Know Your Strengths and Communication Style? (Available here!)
- Know Your Boss: Five Things to Learn About Them to Make Your Work Life (and Theirs) Easier (Available here)
- Know the Six Influencers Who Impact Your Effectiveness (Available here)
- Know the External Factors Other Than the Data that are Influencing Organizational Trajectory Coming June 18th
- Know the Person Who Gets Things Done in the Office Coming July 9th
- Know a Broad Range of Information Sources to Support Big Decisions Coming July 30th
- Know Five Steps that Challenge Your Initial Impressions Coming August 20th
- Know the Vision for the Organization Coming September 10th
- Know your Leadership Philosophy Coming October 1st
Our customers report better decision-making, greater productivity, reduced stress and improved teamwork.
Technically-talented managers can become perplexed by people issues, stymied by office politics and mystified by seemingly illogical decisions made by “management”. You don’t have to be perplexed, stymied or mystified if you have all the information you need.
Your staff work better in an environment that values their humanness. That means working with people who know more about them than the due date for their next deliverable.